Let us tell you a little bit about our history…
It is doubtful that Italian immigrant Frank Manci could have envisioned such a mutation as Manci’s Antique Club when he purchased, in 1924, an old wooden produce warehouse in what is now downtown Daphne. In 1924 Frank built a gasoline station on this site.
In 1947, Frank’s son Arthur, at one time the Mayor of Daphne, took over the business. For some unknown reason Arthur, after obtaining a liquor license in 1967, started to hang bottles and various items on the walls of the now full fledged bar. Today the establishment holds the largest collection of Jim Beam decanters on display. In 1987 Alex Manci, Arthur’s son, took the club over.
He holds the title for the “Bloody Mary Capital of the Eastern Shore.”
In 1995 Alex and his wife Gwen started serving food in the club, which serves the Best Seafood Po-Boys (which were featured in Southern Living and Coastal Living magazines as well as Diners, Drive-In’s & Dives) and Burgers near and far.